Tuesday, June 19, 2018

IG says Comey under investigation over memo handling

How!
Department of Justice's Inspector General Michael Horowitz has confirmed Monday that his office is investigating James "Lordy" Comey for his handling of classified information in dealing with the memos he shared with his buddy who he had leak them to the press.

I pray they lock his butt up, but I suspect, like with Hillary Clinton et al, nothing will come of it.

Horowitz's comments confirmed reports in April that the former FBI director (who was fired by President Trump in May 2017) was under a microscope amid the uncovering of at least two memos that he shared with his friend, Columbia University Professor Daniel Richman,  contained classified information.

Ironically, this is the same situation that happened to the person Comey let off the hook: Hillary Clinton. Wouldn't it be wonderful if they convicted him of espionage? [That's a rhetorical question--of course it would be wonderful.]

The confirmation of the investigation came Monday at the Senate Judiciary Committee hearing where Horowitz and current FBI Director Christopher Wray testified on the IG report's findings regarding the [mis]handling of the Hillary Clinton email probe.

Comey, you may recall, just two weeks prior to the presidential election, let Clinton off the hook for using an illegal private server for State Department classified emails that were likely hacked.

"We received a referral on that from the FBI," Horowitz said, in answer to questioning from Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa). "We are handling that referral and we will issue a report when the matter is complete and consistent with the law and rules."

Translation: we will make a big show of our concern and the minute a bigger news cycle hits, we will let it go.

In April, Comey told Fox News' Bret Baier that the IG's office interviewed him about the memos, but he downplayed the question about classified information as "frivolous," instead saying the real issue was whether he complied with internal policies.

However, Grassley told Horowitz on Monday, "I don't happen to think this is frivolous."

Remember, Comey testified before Congress last year that he shared the memos with Richman with the intention of leaking them to the press and spurring the appointment of a special counsel.

Of the seven memos Comey handed over to Congress in April, eight of the fifteen pages had redactions under classified exceptions.

Comey, who plays God in his home videos, denied that sharing memos with his legal team constituted a leak of classified information. He compared the process to keeping "a diary."

"I didn't consider it part of an FBI file," the tall drink of water said. "It was my personal aide-memoire . . . I always thought of it as mine."

Just like Hillary thought of her private email server.

Dear Diary,
I saw my good friend Danny Richman today. He looked nice, lordy, he looked very nice. I told him how much I admired his tweed jacket and asked him for a tiny favor--to please hand over a bunch of memos I wrote about Donald Trump to a favorable newspaper like the New York Times or Washington Post. I'm hoping my words of wisdom will inspire some young buck of a journalist to take it upon him- or herself to print them and hopefully I can save the nation against the scourge that is Trump! I know I have it in me because I have God on my side! Oh look at me . . . I'm using exclamation marks just like Trump. I need to stop this immediately!
Yours truly,
Jimmy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Columbiastahn U. where Hamas supporters call Jews 'pigs' as per the Qur'an

Hamassholette afraid to show her face, will not go to Gaza to support Hamas Muslims and their useful idiots of Islam promote Quranic hatred ...