Monday, April 9, 2018

Kimmel backs down on anti-gay rant but not anti-Melania attack

"Brave" Jimmy Kimmel recently attacked Melania Trump for her foreign accent. She speaks five languages but has an accent when she speaks English because she learned English after the age of twelve. 

By making fun of Melania's accent, Kimmel is, in effect, making fun of all foreign-born people who have accents--they basically cannot help but have one. 

I'd like to see Kimmel make fun of Arnold Schwarzenegger's accent--not imitate it, but actually make fun of it like he did with Melania's.

The late night host tweeted a sarcastic apology to Sean Hannity hoping to end their Twitter feud. Hannity defended Mrs. Trump and made it clear that he would not stop going after Kimmel until he apologized for Kimmel's remarks suggesting that he and President Trump have a gay relationship.

So Kimmel sort of apologized for the homophobic shots at Hannity, but was unapologetic over his "jokes" about Melania's accent.

In a Sunday note  Kimmel wrote:

"I will take Sean Hannity at his word that he was genuinely offended by what I believed and still believe to be a harmless and silly aside referencing our First Lady's accent. Mrs. Trump almost certainly has enough to worry about without being used as a prop to increase TV ratings."

Unlike Kimmel's use of his baby son as a prop to push his political view on Obamacare. He even referenced his son in the note:
While I admit I did have fun with our back and forth, after some thought, I realize that the level of vitriol from all sides (mine and me included) does nothing good for anyone and, in fact, is harmful to our country. Even in 2018, the vile attacks against my wife and wishes for death on my infant son are shocking and I encourage those who made them to give their words and actions thought. I, too, will give my words more thought and recognize my role in inciting their hatefulness. By lampooning Sean Hannity's deference to the President, I most certainly did not intend to belittle or upset members of the gay community and to those who took offense, I apologize. I will take Sean Hannity at his word that he was genuinely offended by what I believed and still believe to be a harmless and silly aside referencing the First Lady's accent. Mrs. Trump certainly has enough to worry about without being used as a prop to increase TV ratings. I am hopeful that Sean Hannity will learn from this too and continue his newly-found advocacy for women, immigrants and First Ladies and that he will triumph in his heroic battle against sexual harassment and perversion.
Jimmy Kimmel
Kimmel knows where his proverbial bread is buttered and making waves in the gay community is not to his benefit. Making waves with the President's wife, gets him laughter and cheers from his liberal audience.

His apology was as genuine as a ten dollar Rolex watch.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Another top terrorist gets smoked by the IAF

Mosab Khalaf was a senior member of Jamaa Islamiya, a Palestinian terrorist group. He was riding along in his automobile in southern Lebanon...