A fake news report in The New York Times claiming that Vice President Mike Pence and other Republicans are running 'shadow campaigns' to defeat President Trump in 2020 was dismissed by Pence as "disgraceful and offensive."
His White House statement said:
"Today's article in The New York Times is disgraceful and offensive to me, my family and out entire team. The allegations in this article are categorically false and represent just the latest attempt by the media to divide this administration."The Times, once known as "The Paper of Record," is now known as "The Canary Cage Liner," published the story on Sunday and posits that Mr. Pence and Senators Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) and Gov. John Kasich (R-Oh.) are visiting early voting states and acting as if they're running in 2020.
Pence also said:
"Thanks to the President's leadership, we are rebuilding the military, ISIS is on the run, and we've seen more than one million jobs created while the stock market hits all time highs.
"The American people know that I could not be more honored to be working side by side with a president who is making America great again.
"Whatever fake news may come our way, my entire team will continue to focus all our efforts to advance the President's agenda and see him re-elected in 2020. Any suggestions otherwise is both laughable and absurd."The Times has always been far left-leaning even going so far as to defend and lionize Alger Hiss, an alleged Communist spy for Russia.
Now The Times is claiming that it's due to the Russia controversy regarding election meddling and the Trump administration's collusion with them, the Republicans are jumping ship on Trump. "Pence's schedule is so full of political events that Republicans joke that he is acting more like a second-term vice president hoping to clear the field than a No. 2 sworn in a little over six months ago."
It's understandable how people no longer trust the media--they make stuff up to suit their political agendas.
Oh, my canary just gave The Times a gift.