Sunday, August 20, 2017

Mo. state senator apologizes to save her job

Even some Democrats don't think it's proper for a fellow Democrat to call for the assassination of the President of the United States. It doesn't matter that the Democrat is a black female state senator--she may have needed to be a transgender black female state senator with a disability to be allowed to get away with such statements, but the only disability she has is evidently a mental one.

State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal was asked to resign over the Facebook post in which she said she wishes Trump was assassinated and has since removed it. But she refused to resign and there have been many calls in the wake of her violent wishes.

Had Nadal been a Republican white male state Senator the story would be more dramatic--The Times would make certain of that.

However, while Nadal originally said she would not apologize for her violent words, she apologized at a press conference streamed live on the Clayton Times Facebook, a St. Louis County newspaper. She was probably job-scared with all the cries to have her removed from office.

Her not-so-from-the-heart words:
"President Trump, I apologize to you and your family. I also apologize to all the people of Missouri. And I also apologize to my colleagues in the Missouri legislation for the mistake I made."
She was referring to the fact that she posted her sentiments on social media and didn't delete them on time before someone made a 'screen-grab' and put it on Twitter, where Trump was likely to find it.

The U.S. Secret Service's St. Louis field office is investigating the original post, but it's highly unlikely anything will come of it and she will return to her Missouri swamp.

"The message that has been sent to me by our God is that I'm here to serve as a teacher, as a translator but most of all as a servant," she said, hoping that throwing in religion would bode well for her with the right. "I am a servant of God and I am a servant of the people that I represent. And I failed them both recently.

"I made a mistake. And I'm owning up to it," she blathered. "And I'm not ever going to make a mistake like that again. I have learned my lesson. My judge and my jury is my Lord Jesus Christ, [so don't you go trying to take me to court]."

It's interesting that she called upon God to judge her because she's going to say that He forgives her.

Top Missouri Democrats have called for her resignation, including Missouri Party Chair Stephen Webber, Senator Claire McCaskill, and Missouri Governor Eric Greitens.

Greitens said on Friday that "If she will not resign, the Senate can vote to remove her. I believe they should."

But they won't because Democrats actually don't think she said anything all that bad . . . which is why liberals tend to suck at things.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Biden makes a pack with the devil over abortion

President Joe Biden of Scranton has allegedly made a pack with Beelzebub regarding the issue of abortion, aka depriving people the right to ...