Saturday, August 27, 2016

Kaepernick refuses to stand during national anthem

Colin Kaepernick, the scrambling average quarterback for the San Francisco 49ers, is refusing to stand for the national anthem before games. That is his right because those Americans who came before him fought and died to make it his right.

But Kaepernick believes that, even with all his money and the fact that America has twice elected a black president, African Americans and other minorities are still oppressed. Ironically, the president who I refer to shares the same views.

Kaepernick sat on the bench Friday night as the anthem was being played before the 49ers hosted the Green Bay Packers in a pre-season game.

He spoke to the media after the game saying, "I am not going to stand up to show pide in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."

He was not referring to the disproportionate number of blacks being killed by other blacks, (see Detroit and Chicago) but to the very few who get killed by law enforcement, whether it be justified or not. 

This distortion of the real problem has become the left's new battle cry and another example of how the Obama administration has divided and conquered.

The 49ers issued a statement aimed at patriotic Americans who feel insulted over Kaepernick's protest, saying that Americans have the right to protest or support the anthem--thank you for informing us of that fact.

"The national anthem is and always will be a special part of the pregame ceremony," the team said. "It is an opportunity to honor our country and reflect on the great liberties we are afforded as its citizens. In respecting such American principles as freedom of religion and freedom of expression, we recognize the right of an individual to choose to participate, or not, in our celebration of the national anthem."

Absolutely true.

In respecting my right to choose to participate, or not, in endorsing Kaepernick's behavior, I have the right to watch, or not watch, his games, and refuse to patronize the sponsors of the game. 

Like our current so-called president, Kaepernick is biracial. He was adopted and raised by white parents and, like our president, he supports the Black Lives Matter movement, the anti-white hate group that is more interested in hating white people than dealing with the real problems within the poor black communities.

"This is not something that I am going to run by anybody," he said to NFL Media. "I am not looking for approval. I have to stand up for people that are oppressed . . . if they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right."

I don't know if it's me or not, but I've understood the word "oppressed" as to burden with cruel or unjust impositions or restraints. It also to subject someone or group to a burdensome or harsh exercise of authority or power--but I see our country being led by a black man and while I know that racism is alive and well on both ends of the racial spectrum, I thought we were doing better as a nation. I thought Obama was proof of that.

But it seems to me that it's Obama who's the problem and unfortunately, minorities are buying into that notion, just like Democrats have been pushing it for decades while simultaneously keeping minorities dependent upon them for government handouts.

Kaepernick is a pawn in the liberal's game. Now he's trying to win back his job as quarterback that he lost to Blaine Gabbert last season. 

The trouble may be that Kaepernick isn't as good a player as Gabbert, but I fear my saying that might be misconstrued by some who would then label me a racist, which I am not at all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hamas claims it can only release 20 live hostages

This is what garbage looks like when it takes on human form The terrorist scum Hamas says it can release only 20 live hostages and the worst...