Thursday, January 28, 2016

Huckabee and Santorum want to stump with Trump for vets

Now that Trump has opted out of tonight's debate and will go to Drake University to put on a show for veterans to raise money, Mike Huckabee and Rick Santorum have decided to join the Donald. 

Why not? If they can convince veterans that it's okay to be used as political pawns, then it's certainly a good move for them to use them as such. But being a veteran myself, I think it smells funny and I don't like it. You may disagree and I respect that.

Perhaps Huckabee and Santorum know they have as much chance at actually winning the presidential nomination as Hillary Clinton has of going an entire day without lying. Therefore, being with the front-runner might make them look like viable candidates.

And I don't dislike either Huckabee or Santorum--I actually do--but it sounds too much like politics and not enough about integrity. 

Huckabee put in a call to the Trump campaign and hasn't yet heard back--perhaps Donald is trying to make him sweat. "If they say that they would be happy to have me, I'll be there."

Santorum said that "After the debate, I'm not going to be doing anything, so, I guess, if it's a charitable thing for the troops and he invites other people to come, I certainly would attend to support the troops."

Santorum is also awaiting an invite from the campaign in charge.

It's unclear if Huckabee would forgo the debate if Trump told him to show up prior to it, but that's something we cannot know if he isn't invited to stump with Trump.


No comments:

Post a Comment

BREAKING: Trump Appeals Fani Willis Non-Disqualification Decision

An Application for a Certificate of Immediate Review was filed by the Trump team and his co-defendants to appeal Judge Scott McAfee's de...