Friday, September 4, 2015

Fox News Blues

As a staunch conservative, I read lots of conservative blogs, read the Washington Times, and watch The Five on Fox News.

I'm thinking of giving up on the latter, however, because it's becoming too tedious to sit through the show while uber liberal, Geraldo Rivera and his mustache, constantly interrupt whoever is making a point I would like to hear in total.

His blatant narcissism is on par with another great American hero, Brian Williams. I suspect Geraldo and Brian went on nation-saving missions together.

I appreciate that Greg Gutfeld tries stop Rivera from filibustering, but Fox News in general, is having liberals take over the conversation. I include Bill O'Reilly in that assessment, but certainly less so than for The Five or Hannity. 

The problem with Hannity, as I see it,  is that he usually needs to inject his opinion into the response of someone who is in the process of giving his or her opinion, and he always seems to be ticking off the same talking points, night after night.

Juan Williams is more likable, sort of, but even he can get obnoxious and will often filibuster his liberal points, frequently interrupting whenever someone with a brain wants to speak.



Now that I have a PVR, I record some of the Fox News programs (as I'm doing even now as I write this at around 5 pm--get it?) and I simply fast forward through the "Hi, I'm William Devane" gold commercials, and the times when Geraldo's or Juan's lips are moving.

It both saves time and aggravation. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

UN official and Hamas supporter resigns

His book: "Lipless in Gaza" Martin Griffiths, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator (U...