Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Why I'm No Longer Going to Watch The Five on Fox News

My favorite television program for several years has been The Five on Fox News Network. Nobody in my family will bother me on weekdays at 5:00 pm because they know I'll be glued to my TV. And honestly, I'm not a big TV guy--I generally can do without it, but I enjoy the humor of Greg Gutfeld, the intelligence of Dana Perino (not to say Gutfeld isn't brilliant in his own way), as well as Andrea Tantaros, Kimberley Guilfoyle, and the rest of the regular staff. But I can no longer tolerate Bob Beckel.


Beckel is a foul-mouth liberal whose greatest source of pride seems to me to be the fact that his father marched with Martin Luther King, Jr. fifty years ago. I disagree with most of Beckel's politics, and that's to be expected because he's a liberal, but I will not tolerate him calling white people in Texas, who are in favor of voter ID, "Crackers." He has gone over the line again, and I've decided to use my time more wisely at 5:00 pm.

I am not a person who looks to have people removed from their livelihood. People need to work (except for Obama's Food Stamp Forces) and provide for their family. But I don't have to support them and I refuse to do this in Beckel's case. 

I generally find Fox News to be, as they claim, "fair and balanced." It seems, however, that the fairness they espouse is not reciprocated by most media on the left, and I think it's time conservatives stop accepting this imbalance. I say shut off the microphones on both sides once they've had their time to speak, and allow the other side to respond--that's fair and balanced. 

But Beckel--he needs to be disciplined for his foul mouth. As for me, I'm done with Beckeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UN official and Hamas supporter resigns

His book: "Lipless in Gaza" Martin Griffiths, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator (U...