This weekend, Frankfurt will play host to a charming little shindig calling for Israel’s destruction—because nothing says “springtime in Europe” like a good old-fashioned anti-Semitic rally. The city tried to ban this hate-fest, citing the blindingly obvious fact that it’s a neon-lit billboard for Jew-hatred, but an administrative court swooped in like a buzzkill superhero to save the day for the “Quds Day” crowd.
Apparently, the ban was “unlawful.” Sure, why not? Who needs public safety when you’ve got judicial acrobatics?
For those who don't know, Quds Day is Iran’s annual temper tantrum masquerading as a “pro-Palestinian” march. Sponsored by the mullahs in Tehran, it’s a global roadshow where their proxies and fanboys scream for Israel to be wiped off the map. Think of it as the world’s least subtle terrorist pep rally.
Josef Schuster, head of the Central Council of Jews in Germany, tried to inject some sanity into this circus. He pointed out that the end of Ramadan is supposed to be about “inner contemplation and hope,” not a launching pad for Iranian-incited Muslim fanatics to spew their bile. “Almost tragic,” he called it. I’d go with “predictably infuriating,” but sure, let’s keep it classy. He’s begging Muslim groups to call out this hijacking of their faith, and good luck with that, Josef—those crickets are louder than Jerry Nadler passing gas.
Let’s talk Iran for a sec, since they’re the puppet masters here. They’ve been bankrolling Hamas—the Palestinian terror outfit that turned southern Israel into a slaughterhouse on October 7, 2023— with cash, guns, and a hearty “go get ‘em” pat on the back. Documents nabbed by the Israeli military last year even show Tehran got a heads-up about the massacre months in advance.
Frankfurt’s been hosting these Al-Quds hate-parades since 2015, always conveniently timed for the last weekend of Ramadan. It’s a tradition Iran kicked off in ‘79, back when their shiny new Islamist regime decided “liberating Jerusalem” sounded catchier than “admitting we’re obsessed with power.” This year’s slogan? “Stop the War.” Cute, considering the “war” they’re whining about started when Hamas butchered 1,200 people and snatched 251 hostages. Funny how that part gets left out of the pamphlet.
The city expects 500 to 1,000 marchers to show up, probably chanting last year’s greatest hits like “Israel, child killer” and “Germany finances, Israel bombs.” Frankfurt’s mayor, Nargess Eskandari-Grünberg, called it a “propaganda day” for Iran last year and begged for a ban on this anti-Semitic clown show. No dice. The Public Order Commissioner, Annette Rinn, was blunt: rallies denying a state’s right to exist aren’t “peaceful.” But after the court’s ruling, she’s just shrugging and promising to keep things “orderly.” Good luck, Frau Annette—bring a firehose.
Meanwhile, over in Berlin, they’ve been smarter—banning these hate-fests since 2021 under laws against promoting hate speech.
So here we are: a German court greenl-ighting a rally that’s less “freedom of expression” and more “freedom to fantasize about genocide.” If this is progress, I’ll take the Dark Ages.
For those who don't know, Quds Day is Iran’s annual temper tantrum masquerading as a “pro-Palestinian” march. Sponsored by the mullahs in Tehran, it’s a global roadshow where their proxies and fanboys scream for Israel to be wiped off the map. Think of it as the world’s least subtle terrorist pep rally.
German authorities had the audacity to notice that this year’s Frankfurt edition—slated for Saturday—might feature a smorgasbord of anti-Semitic goodies, so they pulled the plug on Thursday. The city’s assembly authority even warned of a “high probability” that the rally would be a public safety dumpster fire, dripping with Israel-bashing venom. But nah, the court said, let’s roll the dice and see what happens!
Josef Schuster, head of the Central Council of Jews in Germany, tried to inject some sanity into this circus. He pointed out that the end of Ramadan is supposed to be about “inner contemplation and hope,” not a launching pad for Iranian-incited Muslim fanatics to spew their bile. “Almost tragic,” he called it. I’d go with “predictably infuriating,” but sure, let’s keep it classy. He’s begging Muslim groups to call out this hijacking of their faith, and good luck with that, Josef—those crickets are louder than Jerry Nadler passing gas.
Let’s talk Iran for a sec, since they’re the puppet masters here. They’ve been bankrolling Hamas—the Palestinian terror outfit that turned southern Israel into a slaughterhouse on October 7, 2023— with cash, guns, and a hearty “go get ‘em” pat on the back. Documents nabbed by the Israeli military last year even show Tehran got a heads-up about the massacre months in advance.
Shocking, right? Almost as shocking as the sun rising in the east or Jerry Nadler passing gas.
Frankfurt’s been hosting these Al-Quds hate-parades since 2015, always conveniently timed for the last weekend of Ramadan. It’s a tradition Iran kicked off in ‘79, back when their shiny new Islamist regime decided “liberating Jerusalem” sounded catchier than “admitting we’re obsessed with power.” This year’s slogan? “Stop the War.” Cute, considering the “war” they’re whining about started when Hamas butchered 1,200 people and snatched 251 hostages. Funny how that part gets left out of the pamphlet.
The city expects 500 to 1,000 marchers to show up, probably chanting last year’s greatest hits like “Israel, child killer” and “Germany finances, Israel bombs.” Frankfurt’s mayor, Nargess Eskandari-Grünberg, called it a “propaganda day” for Iran last year and begged for a ban on this anti-Semitic clown show. No dice. The Public Order Commissioner, Annette Rinn, was blunt: rallies denying a state’s right to exist aren’t “peaceful.” But after the court’s ruling, she’s just shrugging and promising to keep things “orderly.” Good luck, Frau Annette—bring a firehose.
Meanwhile, over in Berlin, they’ve been smarter—banning these hate-fests since 2021 under laws against promoting hate speech.
Eight German states have followed Berlin's lead. Frankfurt, apparently, didn’t get the memo. Ulrike Becker from the Berlin Middle East Freedom Forum nailed it: this isn’t a “protest,” it’s a “celebration of anti-Semitism” and an Iranian PR stunt. Letting it happen on German streets, she says, is a mistake. Understatement of the year, Ulrike.
So here we are: a German court greenl-ighting a rally that’s less “freedom of expression” and more “freedom to fantasize about genocide.” If this is progress, I’ll take the Dark Ages.
Stay classy, Frankfurt.
"Hey, if you’re enjoying this blog as much as I enjoy writing it, feel free to fuel my caffeine addiction over at Buy Me a Coffee – no pressure, just good vibes!"
Tweet
No comments:
Post a Comment