Monday, November 6, 2017

Vin Scully 'will never watch another NFL game'

Former L.A. Dodger announcer and Hall of Famer Vin Scully attended the Pasadena Civic Center for "An Evening With Vin Scully." 

Scully, who turns 90 this month was asked about the NFL's National Anthem protests, whereby players refuse to stand during the anthem in protest for police brutality and "stuff" they cannot intelligently verbalize nor provide any facts for all of their grievances.

Scully said he "will never watch another NFL game" because of the protests.

"I have only one personal thought, really," Scully said. "And I am so disappointed. And I used to love, during the fall and winter, to watch the NFL on Sunday. And it's not that I'm some great patriot--I was in the Navy for a year, didn't go anywhere, didn't do anything. But I have overwhelming respect and admiration for anyone who puts on a uniform and goes to war. So the only thing I can do in my little way is not to preach. I will never watch another NFL game."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Joe Biden is able to make the Francis Scott Key Bridge about himself

By now, most every American knows about the Francis Scott Key Bridge collapse. It's a tragedy that has apparently claimed the lives of a...