11:00 a.m. ET-- There was a press conference by Sheriff Jerry Demmings regarding the Orlando shooting.
Here are the facts:
1. A 911 call was made at 8:03 a.m. about an active shooter. The call was made for a local company that produces parts for RVs.
2. Police responded to the call arriving a few minutes later. When they got to the scene, there were 3 deceased males, 1 deceased female, a male who was taken to a local hospital where he later died, and 7 survivors. The shooter was also dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
3. The shooter was a former employee of the company. His employment was terminated in April of this year.
4. In June 2014, the shooter was involved in a workplace violence incident in which police were called. No arrests were made.
5. The shooter has a minor criminal history such as marijuana possession and a battery charge.
6. This appears to be an incident of workplace violence and not a terrorist attack.