Monday, January 27, 2014

I Am Mommy's Unborn Child

Hi Mommy, it's me--I don't have a name. You didn't want to give me a name because that would make me too human to you, you said, but I am human. I was human the moment I was conceived--if I wasn't, then what was I? Why don't you want to think of me as a real person? I am a real person, but I have a lot of growing yet to do.

It's warm and it feels safe in here but I still can't wait to get our of your belly and meet you. I know that you'll love me because I'm a part of you, and I know that you want what's best for me because that's what mommies do.

I heard you talking to someone about how I will be too much of a burden to raise once I've been born, but, and I don't like to say this, I didn't ask to be conceived. Now that I have been, it would be a godsend to be born. Hey, I like the word 'godsend;' it makes me feel special.

Maybe when I'm born and grow up, I can be a mommy like you. Oh, you didn't know if I was a boy or a girl because you didn't want to think of me as a real person. Oh, I'm sorry. 

Something is hurting me, Mommy. Something--


No comments:

Post a Comment

UN official and Hamas supporter resigns

His book: "Lipless in Gaza" Martin Griffiths, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator (U...