Friday, September 6, 2013

You Feelin' Lucky, Punk?

It was Dirty Harry that said, "A man's got to know his limitations." He also said, "Do you feel lucky, punk?" but let's hope what Obama is threatening to do about Syria will not need to be answered by a question like that. However, limitations are relevant--I have my own and I need to admit that my limitations have to do with my predicting what would happen if we do, in fact, strike Syria with Cruise missiles or aircraft. I don't know. I suspect that you don't know either, but one thing's for sure, I know that Obama doesn't know.

This business about striking Syria has now morphed into the possibility that we may need to use aircraft to carry out a feasible mission. That's not boots on the ground, but it's butts in the air. This usually eventuates into boots on the ground after an air strike because once we hit their chemical weapons outlets, we will need to get in there and secure them before the Mohammed Brothers, Inc. get there first.  Again, I have to stress the fact that there is no way Obama can know what will happen if we strike.

I am also not a prognosticator  but my gut tells me the House is not going to vote yea for intervention. If Congress votes "no," Tony Blinken, the Deputy National Security Advisor, said that Obama will most likely abide by that vote. If he doesn't, John McCain believes that this would be an impeachable offense.

From McCain's lips to God's ears. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

UN official and Hamas supporter resigns

His book: "Lipless in Gaza" Martin Griffiths, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator (U...