Saturday, June 15, 2013

NSA: Nosey Snooping A's

I'm writing this in the comfort of my living room as my wife sleeps on our leather sectional and game two of the Stanley Cup play offs goes into its first overtime--Boston and Chicago are tied at 1. Don Cherry is talking about a player, referring to him as "a good Irish boy," and it's okay. If the player happened to be black and Cherry said he's "a good black boy," he would be out of a job. But I don't want to talk about that today. Just a thought: if Obama was a hockey player, he'd be an empty net goalie. Not much going on there as POTUS.


So how do you feel about the NSA gathering up all our information and storing it in Utah? If the GOP got caught doing that, the left would say it was a crazy Mormon plot to get everyone's info and use it for political gain. But let's be honest here, can you even walk down the street without hearing somebody's cell phone conversation as their significant other declare their refusal to remain as such? And what about Facebook? We post family photos, where we were when they were taken, photos of parts of our body parts that our spouse may not have even seen, what you like, hate, follow, who your friends are, and what you've written on your "wall." 

Now ask yourself, what has the NSA saved us from? They didn't do so well with the Tsarnaev brothers, who made phone calls, posted YourTube videos and got caught defecating on an NYPD cruiser at Occupy Wall Street. Okay, maybe not the last thing, but you get my point. The NSA didn't stop the shoe bomber, the ball bomber, the Times Square bomber. Regular people did (Obama calls them "folks").  

So do you trust the government to do the right thing? Of course not. They will, every single time, do the left thing. They will do whatever they think they can get away with and they do. 

Personally, I think we need to do whatever it is we need to do to prevent another 9-11 (or should I say 9-11s?). I see this action by the NSA like an unopened envelope being delivered by the incompetents at USPS. They can see the outside, and if you've done a good job, they cannot see what's inside when they hold it up to the light. Of course they say that if you have nothing to hide, what's the big deal--Hillary says that all the time about other things. I don't think the answer to whether or not it's okay for the NSA to gather this data is a slam dunk. I do know that being a New Yorker who was involved with running a program supervising crisis counselors dealing with 9-11 families and survivors, I don't want to see this happen again and I'm willing to make certain sacrifices to prevent it. But I have a lot of distrust of the government because the government has earned my distrust.

The first overtime is at 6:30 left and Boston just won in sudden death. Being a New Yorker, I have to hate Boston winning, but being an American, I have the same dilemma with Obama's Chicago.

Oh well, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Columbiastahn U. where Hamas supporters call Jews 'pigs' as per the Qur'an

Hamassholette afraid to show her face, will not go to Gaza to support Hamas Muslims and their useful idiots of Islam promote Quranic hatred ...