Tuesday, January 1, 2013

It's a New Year, GOP, Don't Blow It

Last night I went to a small party (if you can call it that) at the home of my wife's co-worker.  Like my wife, he's from India, but has embraced Western culture and has a Christmas tree in his home, and enjoys celebrating our holidays.  His father, s Seikh, wears a turban but also indulged with us in a few drinks and lively talk.  There was family and friends of family in attendance and I engaged in a conversation with a young Canadian who was obviously a liberal.

This young man, when learning that I'm a New Yorker, asked me if I agreed that G. W. Bush was "an idiot."  He had no idea of my conservative beliefs and was surprised when I told him that Bush not only isn't an idiot, but that if he believed he was, then he had to believe John Kerry was a bigger idiot.  I then explained how Bush exceeded Kerry academically in the same school, and how Kerry showed more support for communism than he did for the USA during the Vietnam War.  

He then went on to talk about Bush's gaffes and how he said such stupid things.  I asked him if he knew how many states there are in the USA and he knew there are fifty.  He had no idea, of course, that Obama had said that he had visited all fifty-seven states in his campaign efforts--that never became news on the left side of the dial.

But what was most interesting was the fact that he had no information about Solyndra, Benghazi, Fast and Furious, or Obama's hand holding efforts with the Muslim Brotherhood and what he said about how if the chips were down, he'd stand with Islam in the end.

What has become obvious to me is the lack of hard information the left gets from the media and how the right does nothing to correct this.  In the presidential campaign, Obama harped on taxing the rich, which made sense to the left, but Romney never attacked on the economy and how jobs would be lost and are lost through taxation and regulation.  Republicans make the mistake over and over that the American public will make the wise choice based upon the facts, without understanding that the facts are only what is being called the facts by the mainstream media.

If the GOP ever wants to win another election, they've got to stop being the nice guys and start attacking with a vengeance.  I've said it before but I'll say it again, I worry that with Obama still in campaign mode, he's going to try and circumvent the Constitution and go for another term.  That sounds paranoid on my part, but sometimes it's healthy to be paranoid.

Happy New Year to you and yours and let's continue to work for what is right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Columbiastahn U. where Hamas supporters call Jews 'pigs' as per the Qur'an

Hamassholette afraid to show her face, will not go to Gaza to support Hamas Muslims and their useful idiots of Islam promote Quranic hatred ...