Friday, November 25, 2011

In Memoriam

This is going to be short.

Allyson Strong
I received an email this morning. It came from a site called Caring Bridge. My cousin, a lovely woman named Barbara, started posting on that site when her daughter, Allyson, had begun her treatment for cancer at the beginning of this year. Allyson was 24 when first diagnosed, and 25 when she died last night. I cannot imagine the depth of Barbara's pain, and that of Ally's sister, Katy, John, her father, and the profound sadness of Ally's myriad friends who loved her.

Life is short. Most of us just celebrated Thanksgiving with family and friends and I hope everyone had a warm, wonderful time. Do not let the friendships with them dissipate--because life is precious and shorter than the young can imagine. Cherish those in your life whom you love.  I'm not an advice-giver, but this is absolutely good advice--and never forget to let them know you love them--I repeat, life is shorter than you can imagine.

Rest in peace, sweet Ally. I will miss you and will see you there in my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Columbia anti-Semitic Hamas supporters claim they were sprayed with a chemical weapon: fart spray

"Was that you, Darren?" The Jew-hating, Hamasshole-loving leftists at Columbia University held several unauthorized Iran-sponsored...