Saturday, October 8, 2011

I Said I Wouldn't But I Did--I Lied

They say people lie a lot more than they think they do. In a Psychology Today article by Allison Kornet, (May 1, 1997), the author cites a study done in the prior year. 

Bella DePaulo, a psychologist from the University of Virginia, did a study on lying using 147 subjects between the ages of 17 and 71 and had them keep a diary of all the lies they told over the course of a week. She discovered from the diaries that most people lie between once and twice a day. In social exchanges lasting at least 10 minutes, both men and women lie about one fifth of the time. Over the course of a week, people lie about 30 percent of those with whom they react with on a one-to-one basis. Kids lie to their parents about half the time. And so it goes.


A sturdy wooden chair
I feel better about this, because I lied when I said that I would never watch The Five on Fox News ever again because Bob Beckel, the die-hard liberal, was on it, and his presence annoyed me to the point of boycotting the show. Well, I've changed my tune and I am once again watching The Five. In fact, it wasn't very long after my blog about never watching it again that I did, in fact, tune in. Beckel got me angry, as usual, but I came to realize that without listening to the other point of view, the lunatic ranting liberal viewpoint, that is, I was being narrow minded and less informed.


It's important to hear liberal thinking because it only solidifies your conservative opinions even more. And it also provides you with material to add to your own discourse agenda. So expect to hear more about the Shadow of Michael Moore in the future from me. 


And please forgive me for lying, for I knew not what I did .  .  .  wait, that's a lie.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

BREAKING: Trump Appeals Fani Willis Non-Disqualification Decision

An Application for a Certificate of Immediate Review was filed by the Trump team and his co-defendants to appeal Judge Scott McAfee's de...