Monday, October 17, 2011

Does One Jew Equal One Thousand Muslims?

Gilad Schalit's Father (center)
When I first learned of the trade of Gilad Shalit, an Israeli soldier captured in 2006, for 1027 Palestinian prisoners being held in Israeli prisons, my first reaction was positive--this shows, I felt, that one Israeli is worth a thousand terrorists. But I have had time to process this a lot more and my opinion has done a complete 180. 

Shalit is a young man, only 25 years old, after spending five of those years in prison. I'm fairly certain that the living conditions in an Islamic prison, especially for a Jew, has to be less than palacial. I imagine that Shalit suffered physical harm by his captors, because they hate Jews more than they love their own children and wives. I cannot believe they treated him with civility--they don't even treat women that way, and I'm referring to Islamic women--these guys are not nice in the least. I'm glad he's being freed.

Galid--looks like a nice guy
And I am sorry that he is being freed. Israel is making a mistake by putting a thousand terrorists back out on the streets. The life of Shalit is being exchanged for the lives of others that these terrorists will eventually claim. It`s kind of like abortion--when you haven't met the unborn, it's easier, for some people, to kill them--when you don't know who these bastards will eventually kill, it doesn't seem as bad as the guy who they might kill, or who they currently torture. I understand Israel's sense of humanity, but I think it's misplaced. Sure, I might feel differently if Gilad was my son, or if I were in his place, but I hope I'd have the courage to say no to the exchange. 

When all is over Israel is going to seem weak to the Arabs, and they are weaker, but not weak. They are weaker when it comes to their sense of decency and how it will affect the outcomes in the chronic war with Islamic terrorists. But they have a powerful sense of decency--and I hope that it will not become their undoing. You see, good does not always win out--evil fights dirty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BREAKING: Trump Appeals Fani Willis Non-Disqualification Decision

An Application for a Certificate of Immediate Review was filed by the Trump team and his co-defendants to appeal Judge Scott McAfee's de...