Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Pajamas Media » Must-See Film on Ground Zero Mosque Controversy

Pajamas Media » Must-See Film on Ground Zero Mosque Controversy

 I lived in New York on September 11, 2001. Actually, I lived there long before that because I was born there. When the terrorists struck the twin towers I was in session with my first client of the day and someone in the outer office had the radio on and we heard the news. My first thought was that it was a small private plane--no big deal--then the story unfolded. Before finishing with my first client the second plane struck. Now I knew it was terrorists.

The second client had to be seen at her home because she had MS and couldn`t come to the clinic for her weekly psychotherapy, so I walked the four or five blocks. She had the TV on when I arrived and rather than perform psychotherapy with her, I wanted to see what happened in lower Manhattan. I saw on her TV, for that moment before she turned it off, the twin towers on fire--in fact, where the clinic was located in Brooklyn, we could see the smoke from Manhattan just about 4 or 5 miles away. But my client wanted her therapy and shut off the TV in spite of my telling her that perhaps this was more important [than her freaking mental health] than us talking for 45 minutes. But she spoke and I listened, sort of, and went back to the clinic when the hour ended. When I returned, another therapist was standing in front of the building and was crying in a mournful, unashamed way. I asked her what was wrong, having an idea of sorts, but she said, "They`re down." 

"What`s down?" I asked.
"The buildings. The World Trade Center--they`re both down."

I didn`t believe her. It was impossible that such gargantuan structures could be brought down by aircraft, but of course she was right. The buildings I had seen being built in the early 1970s were destroyed and brought to the ground. I had witnessed the famous tightrope walk of Philippe Petite one early summer morning. I had been to the observation deck and saw three states. Now the buildings were gone and smoke and dust and fumes were everywhere for weeks after the disaster.

But the smoke and dust and fumes were nothing compared to the thousands of lives that were lost that day--there, at the Pentagon, and in Pennsylvania. Thousands of people horribly killed, some jumping to their deaths rather than being burned alive by jet fuel. Men, women, children--it made no difference to the killers. For them, it was a religious duty. Jihad. Going 400 miles an hour into a wall and chanting "Allahu Akbar" god is great. As if they alone have the market cornered on god and heaven.
Now they have, to use Obama`s favorite word, the `audacity` to want to build a conquest mosque on the site, like they did with the Cordoba mosque in Spain. Like they always do when they`ve killed and conquered. Like they plan to do in the west.

So click on the link above--it`s about the movie on the Ground Zero Mosque. Pamela Geller, an American hero, is behind the movie as she is behind the protests to build it there. 

See the movie too--I know I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joe Biden is able to make the Francis Scott Key Bridge about himself

By now, most every American knows about the Francis Scott Key Bridge collapse. It's a tragedy that has apparently claimed the lives of a...