Thursday, January 13, 2011

Portrait by Thasneem--this photo is blogged

I have a talented wife--she painted this "just like that." She often uses expressions like "just like that" for exactly that reason--the reason = just like that. Canada has given us colder weather than we had in New York City, but with that came the opportunity to get involved with our interests that we neglected back in the states. For Thasneem, it`s her painting, for me, it`s my writing and photography--the latter I never really put aside, but now there`s even more time to play with it on the computer.
I received my Visitors Visa Extension today--I`m good for a whole year before they come to take me away. I think I should have my Permanent Residency status by then, but I still keep my fingers crossed, which is to say that I still worry aboot it. I`ve heard myself repeating certain words like "about" and "process" saying them like a true Canadian should. The culture kind of freezes on you, if you know what I mean, so maybe they`ll let me become a fixture in this country.
The gym is pretty cool (less cool than our home, which is a fortune to heat), and I`ve gotten to know some nice guys there--most of them are retired, which is why they go the same time as me, a guy who is not retired but can`t work without that perm. res. card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

UN official and Hamas supporter resigns

His book: "Lipless in Gaza" Martin Griffiths, Under-Secretary-General for Humanitarian Affairs and Emergency Relief Coordinator (U...