Showing posts with label deaths. Show all posts
Showing posts with label deaths. Show all posts

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Pelosiville drug deaths hit record high of those getting high



While House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D) enjoys her $12 a pint ice cream in her $24,000 freezer, the city she represents has hit a record high in drug overdoses with 84 deaths last month, 66 of which involved fentanyl, the deadly drug being sent to us compliments of China and whoever else is allowing this to come through our porous borders.

Last month was a dead tie with the January death count since Pelosiville began tracking overdose deaths, which began in 2020. And this year is on pace to beat the 2020 record, which hit 725, according to reports done by San Francisco government

More than 560 drug addicts have died this year and another 300 are expected to die by the end of the year as still nothing is being done to stem the flow of fentanyl or enforce drug laws in California's Democrat cities and towns.

“It’s crazy, so sad out here, it’s like a Zombie apocalypse,” Georgia Taylor, 21, who is homeless and abuses fentanyl, told the San Francisco Chronicle. “You can’t help people who don’t want help.” And she should know.

The drug crisis has become much like the feces crisis in the city to the point you don't pay attention if you step in it, or on a drug addict shooting up in the street.

Drug overdoses in Pelosiville have steadily climbed since 2017, peaking in 2020. It dropped by 85 people in 2021 before raising against in 2022, according to the San Francisco government. Police try their best and have seized 100 pounds of fentanyl between June and September, but it seems to be an impossible task with no end in sight.

More than 1,000 dealers and users of narcotics have been arrested, according to police.

Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Comrade de Blasio wants to open city-run drugs shooting gallery, first in US


Democratic Communist Mayor Warren Wilhelm Jr., aka Bill de Blasio, has barely enough time to destroy New York City any further with merely four weeks before his term expires, but he's doing all he can to screw the city up even more than he already has.

The city's leader of the Demolition Party is opening the nation's first supervised shooting galleries in upper Manhattan as the city sees a huge spike in overdose deaths and scenes of junkies shooting up and crapping all over public sidewalks. 

And this a-hole ran for president!

“Overdose Prevention Centers are a safe and effective way to address the opioid crisis. I’m proud to show cities in this country that after decades of failure, a smarter approach is possible,” the moronic mayor said in a statement Tuesday.



Can you think of better ways to stop the spread of the opioid crisis?

The centers, in East Harlem and Washington Heights, are expected to open as early as Tuesday at the taxpayer's expense. The locations were chosen based on racism and on alleged “health need and depth of program experience,” according to the Health Department, a title that has earned the right of being labeled an oxymoron. 

The sites will provide clean needles and social workers who will replace police, but users must bring their own drugs just like de Blasio does. 




Hopefully, none of the s**t will be laced with Chinese fentanyl, but if there is, at least the city will not be held liable 

Last year more than 2,000 New Yorkers died of a drug overdose, the highest since the city started tracking the figures in 2000. The most common culprit involved with fatalities is opioids. From January to March of this year, 596 users died and a Health Department "study" found that these sites could save as many as 130 people a year if their s**t isn't laced with fentanyl, their needles are clean, and they don't step out into traffic thinking they are going to get beamed up by Scotty.

De Blasio tried to push the useless taxpayer funded proposal to open a total of four sites in the past, but the cretin was blocked by former Gov. "Handy Andy" Cuomo and former President Trump. 

City Council Minority Leader Joe Borelli (R-Staten Island) was skeptical about the program’s effectiveness.

“British Columbia has lead North America in safe injection sites, all while crossing overdose death milestones every month. How anyone can see this as a solution to a serious problem is beyond me, never mind the concerns of the neighbors,” Borelli told The Post Tuesday.Mayor Bill de Blasio’s past proposals for safe injection sites were blocked by former Gov. Andrew Cuomo and former President Donald Trump.

Congresswoman Nicole Malliotakis (R-Staten Island and Brooklyn) also criticized the idea of the sites. She noted that the Department of Justice under President Trump said they would violate the federal Controlled Substance Act.

* * *

Why not subscribe to Brain Flushings and check out the ads on these pages. It costs nothing to subscribe and it's worth every penny. And remember, every time you click on an ad, you help in the fight against the tech giants.

* * *

But hey, if the Demolition Party is willing to violate the U.S. Constitution, what's the big deal about a silly Controlled Substance Act?

Finally, let's not pretend New York's incompetent mayor gave a rat's about the rampant daytime drug sprees in city hubs like the Garment District along Seventh Avenue, and theTriangle Plaza Hub in The Bronx. 

The idiot has four lousy weeks to go and he wants to go out with a big middle finger to the naive people who voted this moron into office.

Good riddance, Billy.



Friday, February 26, 2021

Qatar: 6,500 migrant workers died in preparation for World Cup.



Latha Bollapally, with her son Rajesh Goud,
holds a picture of her husband, Madhu Bollapally,
 43, a migrant worker who died in Qatar. Photograph: Kailash Nirmal

Qatar -- They came from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka as migrant workers, just a small step above a slave, to help build a stadium in the middle of a desert to host the World Cup. It began 10 years ago and since then, more than 6,500 migrant workers have died, according to the UK Guardian.

The data was extracted from government sources and indicates that the mean average of weekly deaths from these five South Asian countries came to twelve since December 2010 when Doha's streets overflowed with celebrants of Qatar's victory.

Data from India, Nepal, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka revealed there were 5,927 deaths of migrant workers in the period 2011–2020. Pakistan's embassy in Qatar reported an additional 824 deaths between 2010 and 2020.

Mohammad Shahid Miah

Mohammad Shahid Miah, 29, from Bangladesh, died when floodwater in his room came into contact with an exposed electric cable, electrocuting him.

And the death toll quoted doesn't include figures from other countries which send large numbers of migrant workers to Qatar, such as the Philippines and Kenya, nor were the 2021 deaths included in these figures.

Over the past 10 years, Qatar has been building feverishly, mostly in preparation of the 2022 World Cup. But there are also seven new stadiums and scores of major undertakings that have been completed or are under way, such as an airport, new roads, public transport systems, a new city and hotels that will be hosting the big game.

Death records are not explicit in terms of the deceased occupation or place of work, but it's probable that many of those who died were employed on the World Cup's infrastructure projects, according to Nick McGeehan, a director at FairSquare Projects, a labor rights advocacy group. “A very significant proportion of the migrant workers who have died since 2011 were only in the country because Qatar won the right to host the World Cup,” McGeehan said.

There have been 37 deaths among workers directly linked to construction of World Cup stadiums. Of these, 34 are categorized as "non-work related" as per the event's organizing committee, who has skin in the game of not looking responsible for the deaths.

But some experts have questioned the use of the term "non-work related" is accurate as it has, at least in some cases, been used to describe deaths which have occurred on the job, including a number of migrant workers who have collapsed and died on stadium construction sites.
Laborers from Nepal put up scaffolding.
Photograph: Pete Pattisson

The findings expose Qatar’s inability or indifference to protect its 2 million-strong migrant workforce, or even investigate the causes of the high rate of death among the largely young workers, many of whom were the main breadwinners of their respective families.

In one case, Ghal Singh Rai from Nepal paid nearly £1,000 in recruitment fees for his job as a cleaner in a camp for workers building the Education City World Cup stadium. Within a week of arriving, he killed himself. 

The family of Madhu Bollapally of India never understood how the healthy 43-year old died of “natural causes” while working in Qatar. His body was found lying on his dorm room floor.

Many deaths were caused by blunt injuries due to falls from height. Others were caused by hanging, and undetermined deaths were due to decomposition of the bodies. 

The most common cause thus far, is listed as "natural deaths" often attributed to acute heart or respiratory failure.

Based on the data obtained by the outlet: 69% of deaths among Indian, Nepali and Bangladeshi workers are categorized as natural. Among Indians alone, the figure is 80%.

The Guardian has previously reported that such classifications, which are usually made without an autopsy, often fail to provide a legitimate medical explanation for the underlying cause of these deaths.

In 2019 it found that  Qatar’s intense summer heat is likely to be a significant factor in many worker deaths and the findings were supported by research commissioned by the UN's International Labor Organization. The research showed that for at least four months of the year workers faced significant heat stress when working outside.

Even the Qatar government’s own lawyers in 2014 recommended that a study be commissioned to look into the deaths of migrant workers from cardiac arrest, and amend the law to “allow for autopsies … in all cases of unexpected or sudden death.”

The government has done neither.

Since Sharia [Islamic law] is the primary source of Qatari legislation, according to their Constitution, perhaps they can use the stadiums that will be left standing after the World Cup is done for that purpose.

For example, if a Qatari Muslim woman commits adultery with a non-Muslim man [a kaffir], she can be given her 100 lashes at mid-field. If a Muslim man has an alcoholic drink, he can get his 40 lashes by the goal post of his choice.


Please consider subscribing to Brain Flushings and check out the ads on these pages. It costs nothing to subscribe and it's worth every penny. And remember, every ad you click on, you help in the fight against the China virus.



FBI evidently confronted Eric "Boom Boom" Swalwell over the weekend and hoo boy

It has been a rough stretch for former Rep. Eric "Boom Boom" Swalwell . You know, the guy who's known for the fart heard round...