Showing posts with label Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus. Show all posts
Showing posts with label Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus. Show all posts

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Is war in Gaza fast approaching? Strip may be evacuating

Israeli Defense Force (IDF) senior official warned that Israel was at the point of a full-scale military confrontation with Hamas in the Gaza Strip after the Hamasshole terror group launched hundreds of rockets overnight at civilian communities along the Gaza Strip. The IDF believes that the Strip may need to be evacuated to protect non-combatant families and prepare for battle.

The official spoke on condition on anonymity said, 'We have more capabilities in our arsenal. We are ready to continue attacking, attacking and attacking. Our strikes deeply affect Hamas, it would be better off returning to the understandings reached after Operation Protective Edge [in 2014]."

Over 150 rockets and mortar shells were launched at Israeli communities since Wednesday night and continued throughout the night into Thursday. A woman was seriously injured when a projectile hit a home in the Eshkol regional council.

According to IDF spokesman Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus, no less than seven people were injured in southern Israel by the Gaza rocket attacks. Israel responded by hitting over 140 Hamas targets overnight.

The IDF targeted training compounds, weapons manufacturing facilities and storage warehouses. The IAF [Israeli Air Force] targeted sites from which rockets were launched including a car the IDF said was being used by a cell of terrorists.

Hamas targeted civilian homes and anyone they could kill in Israel.

Only one Hamasshole was killed in the airstrike, but an unconfirmed report claimed he was the relative of a senior Hamas commander.

Hamas claimed a 23-year-old pregnant woman and her infant daughter were killed in an IDF strike, but it turned out to be a lie as a "journalist" posted a phony story and used a fake photo on 
Instagram detailing the "horrible atrocity".

The real irony is how the world expects Israel to be admonished for accidentally killing a civilian, but Hamas gets a free pass for actually targeting civilians and schools.

"We are nearing a confrontation in no small steps," an anonymous IDF senior officer said. "Hamas is making serious mistakes, and we may have to make it clear after four years that this path doesn't yield any results fo it and isn't worth it."

So far no additional units have been called up, but additional forces were deployed to the Gaza area. If war breaks out, the military will evacuate communities in southern Israel.

Most of Hamas' rockets did little more than till the soil. The Iron Dome defense system lets those rockets fall into those open areas and only targets those rockets projected to strike communities. They shot down 25 of those suckers.

Conricus said the system was operating as well as expected but that it isn't perfect. He added that the current round of violence "is definitely not over."

The anonymous official said of the current situation: "We are in the midst of a new round, the end of which I cannot see yet. We struc a range of targets, including tunnel shafts and many military compounds belonging to Hamas. What we wanted to destroy was done very well.

"Meanwhile, there are talks on calming the situation down and reaching an agreement. This morning, I understand, Hamas is distancing itself from an agreement, and nearing a conflict in which it will suffer a hard blow. Its two million hostages will be the ones suffering," he said, referring to those Palestinians who aren't directly involved in the fighting and merely hate Israel.

After the attacks ended, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman met with other senior IDF officers and security services in Tel Aviv to discuss the situation and talk about the next course of action.

Israel's security cabinet was due to hold a special session on Thursday afternoon to talk about the ongoing violence.

Please consider subscribing to Brain Flushings and take a moment to visit the sponsors on this page. Thank you.

Thursday, May 10, 2018

Israel: BADABING! hits 'nearly all' Iranian infrastructure in Syria in retaliation to rocket attack

Iran and much of the Middle East hate it when 'the Jews' refuse to be marched into the gas chambers or otherwise allow themselves to be slaughtered by anti-Semites who want to see their total annihilation.

Iran, inside Syria, launched a barrage of rocket fire targeting military positions in the Golan Heights. Most of those rockets were summarily handled by the Iron Dome defense system, but a few got through and did little harm. No Israeli was killed.

In response to the attack, Israel struck "nearly all" of the Iranian infrastructure in Syria on Thursday, according to Israeli sources.

Back here at home, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said that Iran's behavior shows that they cannot be trusted. She discussed the New York Times report about Mike Pompeo being "miles away" and Trump's decision to pull the U.S. out of the Iran deal, on Fox News' The Story.

Of course, the Times printed before thinking, as is often the case when it goes against the Trump administration. Pompeo was busy doing what none of his predecessors were able to do: negotiate the prisoner release of our 3 Americans with North Korea.

The Israel Defense Force (IDF) deployed fighter jets that successfully struck every target on its shopping list, including: military compounds, intelligence operations and munitions warehouses, according to an official statement. It said that the strikes were Israel's largest air operation in years.

Adding icing to the cake, the missile launcher responsible for Iran's rocket strike was blown to smithereens.

Lt. Col. Jonathan Conricus, an IDF spokesman, said the estimated 20 rockets fired from Iranian forces based in Syria was "the most severe attempt" by Iran's Al Quds force to attack Israel. It was the first time Iranian forces have attacked Israel from Syria, Reuters said.

According to Conricus, 4 rockets were intercepted and the others fell short of their targets. No injuries or damage was reported.

"The IDF will not allow the Iranian threat to establish itself in Syria," the press release read. "The Syrian regime will be held accountable for everything happening in its territory. The IDF is prepared for a wide variety of scenarios."

Syria's state controlled media said Syrian air defenses intercepted "hostile Israeli missiles" Thursday morning that were fired over Damascus. Sure they did--it's like how a boxer 'intercepts' his opponents right hook with his jaw.

Hours after Syria lied, a state-run Al-Ikhbariya TV broadcast a live feed of Syrian air defense over Damascus and loud explosions and air defense anti-aircraft was heard through the night.

Iranian casualties were not immediately known but IDF's intent was to target military hardware, not military scumcrumpets. Russia was forewarned ahead of the strikes, according to Reuters

Israel and Russia have been communicating closely to avoid air forces coming into conflict. That's a good thing.

Blowing up the Iranian rocket launcher--priceless.

Israel remains of very high alert.


Jason Arday: the Cambridge D.E.I. professor and his sad demise

On August 5th Jason Arday, Professor of Sociology of Education at the University of Cambridge, resigned after being outed for plagiarism all...