Saturday, June 1, 2019

Philippines' Duterte used to identify as gay, now as a cis male

The following is mostly true but satirical anyway.

Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte said Thursday that he was once an active homosexual but “cured” himself after meeting his former wife who made him the man he was and he then divorced her rather than throwing her out of a helicopter.

The once gay blade Duterte made the comments during a trip to Japan where he accused his political opponent Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV of being gay. He claimed that the way Trillanes swishes around and has loose wrists proves that he's as gay as the Ice Capades be8hng hosted by Richard Simmons.

"I said, ‘Are you sure?’ They said, ‘You ask any gay person who sees Trillanes move, they'll say he's gay,’” Duterte asserted, according to the Filipino news organization Rappler.

“Good thing Trillanes and I are similar. But I cured myself,” Duterte continued. “When I began a relationship with [ex wife Elizabeth] Zimmerman [no relation to George], I said, this is it. I became a man again,” he continued.

He added: “Duterte is gay. So I am gay, I don't care if I'm gay or not.” Then he walked around the stage mimicking what he believes is a stereotypical gay walk.

Duterte has once tried to appear moderate on LGBT issues in the Philippines, a fairly religious country, and even promised to legalize same-sex marriages during the presidential election, claiming that gay people were created by God as a joke.

“Same-sex marriage is good. Everyone deserves to be happy," Duterte said back in 2015, according to the Filipino outlet.

But shortly after getting into power, Duterte balked at the proposal and criticized transgender rights in the U.S. and vowed to throw gay people and lesbians out of helicopters.

“There's no gender, because you can be or she ... that's their culture. That's only for them,” he reportedly said. “That can't be applied to us, we're Catholics. And there is the Civil Code, which is you can only marry a woman for me, and for woman to marry a man. That's the law in the Philippines.”


Please consider following Brain Flushings and also visit the ads on the pages. Follow me on Parler.com, my handle is @Heyrobo, or on Twitter--my handle there is: @RobHoey 
Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blinken visited Israel then reveals $135,000,000 in US aid [aka Hamas funding] for "Gaza"

When Israel sent Gaza over 14,000 trucks carrying aid, including more than 9,000 tons of humanitarian supplies such as food, water, gas, she...