Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Fight breaks out in roller skating rink over a song

Nobody knows for sure what song set off 200 roller skaters at a Virginia rink over the weekend, but I have my ideas.

The rink exploded into chaos when about 200 teenagers and even a few apparent adults got into the kerfuffle.

Witnesses say the huge fight was sparked by a song.

Roanoke Police were called to the scene at the Star City Skate Center just before 1:00 a.m. Sunday. When they arrived, they encountered about 200 people engaged in fisticuffs, the Roanoke Times reported. There were even reports of shots fired but police couldn’t confirm them and found no victims or suspects.

Two witnesses, including a 13-year-old, told WFXR that a song came on and sparked local gang tension in the crowd, with many throwing up gang signs, flipping "birds" showing gang colors, mooning for SmartPhone videos and the like.

Reports offered no information about what song was specifically involved but I strongly suspect that it was Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit." And the spark that lit the fuse was the kids' various interpretations of the lyrics.
See if you can understand whatever the hell they're singing here. I don't have a clue and I know if I were back in my teenage days on a Sunday night rollerskating and hoping to meet a girl and some guy was trying to convince me what the words to this song are, I might go ballistic too.

One witness claims to have seen at least one individual holding a handgun, WFXR reported.

According to WFXR, no arrests have been made but the case remains under investigation.

Nirvana had no comment.

Hello fellow conservatives. At this time of year when everyone has a hand out for a hand-out, I don't. I simply want you to follow Brain Flushings and check out the ads on this page. It's free, I'm free and you're free to follow me or not. I hope you do.




No comments:

Post a Comment

First Jewish Biden admin staffer quits over Israel policy: "There are so many of us who feel this way"

Lily Greenberg Call first told her parents what she planned to do, knowing the crap storm that would likely follow. Lily was the first Jewis...