Monday, December 10, 2018

Calif. restaurant food requirements

California is without a doubt the most progressive woke state in the union and they prove it once again. Los Angeles is proposing a city law that would demand that movie theaters, the Los Angeles Zoo, Los Angeles International Airport restaurants and other large-scale entertainment venues sell at least one vegan protein option such as tofu or sprouts or some other thing that isn't bacon.

I'm not a lawyer but this seems unconstitutional. But what do I know?

Paul "I'm More Virtuous Than You" Koretz [his last name is pronounced 'Putz'] was inspired by a burning desire to fight global warming, which has changed its name to climate change because the first name wasn't working out.
Koretz wanted to make it easier for non-meat eaters to be fed properly. He proposed a law that would need approval by the Los Angeles City Attorney's Office before becoming mandatory.

"There's really no downside to it," Koretz told Variety.  “The change could easily be made in any venue. A movie theater serves hot dogs. They can serve vegan dogs. It’s easy.”

And if the vegan stuff doesn't sell, it's no skin off of Koretz's back.

The thing is, government should keep out of private businesses. If there was a call for vegan burgers, vegan hot dogs, or other vegan dishes that try to taste like meat, food establishments would be serving it. That's what the free market is all about.

But forcing private companies to sell something they did not plan on selling, seems a bit tyrannical to me.

It isn't that I don't like my veggies, but don't force a company to sell them.

Ronald Reagan was right when he said that the scariest nine words you'll ever hear are: "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help."


Hello fellow conservatives. At this time of year when everyone has a hand out for a hand out, I don't. I simply want you to follow Brain Flushings and check out the ads on this page. It's free, I'm free and you're free to follow me or not. I hope you do. Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.



No comments:

Post a Comment

In the decimation of Hezbollah says it's ready for cease-fire talks with Israel

They were cheering in the streets of Gaza and Beirut last year on October 7th when Hamas infiltrated Israel and in one day killed 1,200 Isra...