Tuesday, February 28, 2023

Former NFL running back sentenced to jail: convicted of attacking ex-girlfriend



Former NFL running back, Zachary Stacy, received a 6-month sentence with one year probation for attacking his ex-girlfriend that was caught on video.

The 2021 video showed him throwing the mother of his child Kristin Evans around, tossing her into a flat screen television like she hardly weighed anything, punched her in the head and basically beat the crap out of her. From the looks of what he did, he got off easy with only 6 months.

The former football player was first drafted by the St. Louis Rams in the third round of the 2013 NFL Draft. He also played for the pitiful New York Jets [now you know where I'm from] and also played for the Saskatchewan Roughriders and Memphis Express. He played his college football at Vanderbilt.

Stacy was sentenced in Orange County, Florida and comes after he pled guilty to two counts of criminal mischief in exchange for getting his three counts of domestic violence battery dropped. Why the prosecutor allowed this piece of garbage a plea deal is mind boggling.




“He punched me several times in the head! I begged him to stop because the baby was on the couch just a few feet from where he punched me,” Ms. Evans wrote in the restraining order application. “He then picked me up and threw me into my TV. The TV began to fall and he turned to make sure I wasn’t getting up. As I laid on the floor he began to yell at me, telling me I’m destructive. He then picked me up off the floor and off my feet and body slammed me into our son’s bouncy seat.”

Stacy claimed that prior to the attack he had been treated in rehab for anxiety and depression; he also said that Evans had had an affair with his financial advisor, which in his mind made it reasonable to beat the crap out of her.

Stacy later issued an apology over the incident, writing, “I am tremendously sorry and I sincerely hope the forgiveness comes down the road. The shame & guilt on my end is heavy & rightfully so. I made devastating mistake & that mistake has affected the people and communities around me that I love so dear.”

“The dynamic of my mental health has never been out in the public because I dealt with it individually & privately … through medications, therapy and coping mechanisms.. healthy & unhealthy,” he added. “Neither here nor there … despite the unknowns & regardless of the outcomes … All I want to do is move forward with peace so I can progress into a better man & father. ZJ I miss you & I love you baby boy, & I’m sorry that I put your mother in this situation .. along with you & I promise I’m going to do everything I can.. even with the little power that I have left .. to be the best papa I can be.”

He didn't even take the time to write out the word 'and,' but instead used ampersands. How rude.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Squad" dork attended fundraiser hosted by Islamist who praised Oct. 7 attack

Rep[ulsive] Jamaal Bowman, (D-NY) who pulled a fire alarm in order to interfere with congressional business, is also a member of the so call...