Monday, April 25, 2022

Musk seals the deal, America wins!


Elon Musk has bought Twitter and my first tweet was: 

Freedom of speech. As Mike Lindell of My Pillow said, "What a concept." Except he was speaking about pillows or something like that.

When I first got onto Twitter this morning, I saw that the deal had not gone through but the Twitter twits were considering Musk's offer after the company's shareholders got pissed at them for trying to keep them from making serious money. Meanwhile, everyone was holding their collective breath. The left hoping the deal falls through so that the platform could still ban people they don't want to speak there such as: former President Donald Trump, Tucker Carlson, the Babylon Bee, and thousands of our conservative friends who simply think and believe differently than the far-left.

So I watched and waited to see if the deal was going to go through, and then I saw this tweet from Robby Starbuck:
Twitter is reportedly accepting the offer Elon Musk made. We’re about to see a Nov 2016 level freak out from the left.

— Robby Starbuck (@robbystarbuck)
Wow! 

My imagination immediately pictured the "Screaming at the Sky" woman who lost her s**t when Trump beat Hillary Clinton in 2016. I searched my cupboard and retrieved my Leftist Tears decanter from my Daily Wire membership and poured me a glass of the fine liquid from my Zero Water pitcher.

I knew there would be a mad dash of leftists running out of Twitter's door. They can't deal with discussions that come from people with whom they disagree and with whom have facts, not just feelings. But I really hope they stay on Twitter because this may be the first opportunity in a very long time where both sides of the aisle can have some dialogue, hopefully honest and respectful dialogue. We shall see, but I won't hold my breath.

* * *

Sex. Now that I have your attention: for more hard-hitting content, and a few soft-hitting ones too, subscribe to Brain Flushings and check out the ads on these pages. It costs nothing to subscribe and it's worth every penny. And remember, every time you click on an ad, you help in the fight against John Kerry's global warming, the heebie-jeebies and the dreaded omicron.

* * *

Twitter's board did all they could to stop Musk from buying the company. They used what is colloquially known as a "poison pill" but that didn't work as Musk got others involved in his mission. They did their best to smear him and their game became obvious to the public.

The deal cost about $44 billion and Elon Musk wholly owns the company for $54.20 per share that he paid for in cash. Once the transaction is completed, Musk will own the company privately.

They lost, Musk won. Even better, we all won.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Columbia U. tried it Biden's way but the Trump way trumped it

The Hamas-supporting jihadis have taken over many college campuses and academic buildings in the U.S. At Columbia University in New York (GO...