Monday, July 5, 2021

The Death of a Man Who Felt Like a Friend

Patrick Sky

I'm writing this just about ten minutes after I learned that one of my favorite folk singers, Patrick Sky, had died this past May. It was his version of "The Ballad of Ira Hayes" that helped convince me to joint the Marine Corps. And as I write this, I'm listening to his music with the help of Alexa.

Patrick died at the age of 80. That's a pretty good run--I'm still a few years shy of that--but in spite of saying that, I'm very sad. Very sad.

I cried.

Brian

Like I did when my son, Brian, was murdered seven years ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment

FL Gov. DeSantis officially designates Muslim Brotherhood, CAIR and Antifa as terror groups

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis , obviously a Republican, has apparently decided that Florida’s terrorist-designation process needed a little mor...