Friday, March 17, 2023

University president fakes identity, takes paid leave, says she's sorry



If it's so difficult being a minority in the America, why do people like Elizabeth Warren, Rachel Dolezal and Rachel Elizabeth Seidel, for example, want to make people believe they're members of a minority group? Because so-called victims get the benefits non-victims are denied.

Such is the case of the President of Memorial University Vianne Timmons. Poor dear decided to go on paid leave [aka: paid vacation] after she was bagged for lying after she claimed Indigenous heritage.

Princess Timmons released a statement Monday in which she apologized for any pain her lies have caused, while not calling them lies, in the style of Elizabeth "Speaks Through Nether Regions" Warren. 

It's almost laughable that she and other so called apologies thinks they cause other people "pain" with their lies. Pain has become an overused word that the Left doesn't seem to understand.

Memorial University is an academic institution in Canada's Newfoundland and Labrador.

The controversy comes from Timmons saying she never personally benefited from her "Indigenous ancestry," which she maintains is different from Indigenous identity. With that kind of thinking, we can all be Indigenous to wherever we decide to score points.


"While I have shared that I am not Mi’kmaw and I do not claim an Indigenous identity, questions about my intentions in identifying my Indigenous ancestry and whether I have benefited from sharing my understanding of my family’s history have sparked important conversations on and beyond our campus," Timmons said as she sat cross-legged by the campfire.

She claims she joined the Bras d'Or Mi'kmaq First Nation tribe, a tribe which is not recognized by Native Americans or Canada's federal government, for a brief time around 2009 when her brother submitted their genealogy.

"But then I looked into it on my own and I didn't feel comfortable identifying as a member of a band that wasn't official or as a member of a band anyway because I was not raised Mi'kmaw and so I removed it and never referred to it again," Timmons said, as the smoke rose by the fire and the stars shone down upon her.

But she lied. 

Public documents, including a resume as recent as 2016, clearly depict that she claimed membership in the tribe over a longer period of time and CBC News [a Canadian government run outlet] found references as late as 2018.

"I have been reflecting on this feedback from the Indigenous community, and I sincerely regret any hurt or confusion sharing my story may have caused. That was never my intention and I deeply apologize to those I have impacted," Timmons said.

Nobody is hurt other than her ego.

The embattled university president said she welcomed Memorial University's Board of Regents' decision to host an Indigenous-led pow-wow about the matter.

"I am wholeheartedly supportive of this process to seek Indigenous guidance and knowledge. Indigenous Peoples must lead this conversation and we all have a role to play in listening and ensuring their voices are elevated in the weeks to come," she said.

People are clamoring to identify as make believe victims because, like those who came before Timmons, there's much wampum to be gathered before the wolves return to the forest, kemosabe.

More recently, Dylan Whiteduck, the chief of Kitigan Zibi Anishinābeg, accused a purported Native American social justice organization of not actually being run by Native Americans and distributing fake ID cards to people who are not Native American.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Another top terrorist gets smoked by the IAF

Mosab Khalaf was a senior member of Jamaa Islamiya, a Palestinian terrorist group. He was riding along in his automobile in southern Lebanon...