Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Caryn Johnson [aka Whoopi Goldberg] apologizes yet again over anti-Semitic regurgitations she made



High school drop-out and thrice divorced former comedienne Caryn Elaine Johnson, [aka Whoopi Goldberg] does not know when to stop talking, especially when comments offend so many decent people who find anti-Semitism repugnant.

Goldberg [who dropped Johnson and appropriated the Jewish surname] was blasted by the Anti-Defamation League for making "deeply offensive" comments in an interview with The Sunday Times of London.

Goldberg suggested that Jews are not a race. “My best friend said, ‘Not for nothing is there no box on the census for the Jewish race.’ So that leads me to believe that we’re probably not a race,” the co-host of "The View" shared.

ADL CEO Jonathan Greenblatt said in a statement that Goldberg’s comments “are deeply offensive and incredibly disappointing, especially given that this is not the first time she had made remarks like this. In a moment when antisemitic incidents have surged across the U.S., she should realize that making such ignorant statements can have real consequences.”

In a move to save her job, Goldberg has since apologized once again, in a statement to Variety. If you believe her this time, I would like to interest you in an investment property in Giza, where cotton is a My Pillow miracle.

“Recently while doing press in London, I was asked about my comments from earlier this year,” she said. “I tried to convey to the reporter what I had said and why, and attempted to recount that time. It was never my intention to appear as if I was doubling down on hurtful comments, especially after talking with and hearing people like rabbis and old and new friends weighing in. I’m still learning a lot and believe me, I heard everything everyone said to me. I believe that the Holocaust was about race, and I am still as sorry now as I was then that I upset, hurt and angered people. My sincere apologies again, especially to everyone who thought this was a fresh rehash of the subject. I promise it was not. In this time of rising antisemitism, I want to be very clear when I say that I always stood with the Jewish people and always will. My support for them has not wavered and never will.”

Yeah, sure.

Goldberg was referring to the anti-Semitic comments she made earlier this year on The View, when she claimed the Holocaust was not racially motivated when the panel of semi-geniuses were discussing a Tennessee school district's decision to ban Art Spiegelman's novel about the Holocaust, Maus.

“Well also, if you’re going to do this, then let’s be truthful about it, because the Holocaust isn’t about race. It’s not about race,” Goldberg said in February.

She was suspended from the ABC show for a mere 2 weeks, which ABC News President Kin Godwin announced in a statement.

“Effective immediately, I am suspending Whoopi Goldberg for two weeks for her wrong and hurtful comments,” Godwin wrote. “While Whoopi has apologized, I’ve ask her to take time to reflect and learn about the impact of her comments. The entire ABC News organization stands in solidarity with our Jewish colleagues, friends, family and communities.”

But the semi-genius couldn't keep her thoughts to herself and like her high school experience, learned nothing from it.

Should she be fired from "The View"? 

It's her First Amendment right to say stupid crap and it might even reveal to some of her liberal audience just how biased their pundits are. It's like the old say that leftists want to shut conservatives up while conservatives want leftists to keep talking.

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dem. Rep. Henry Cuellar and wife indicted on charges of bribes

Looks like Rep. Cuellar (D) tried to turn "cash flow" into "cash flow-er" with some international flair! Guess he took t...