Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Sister of shooter posted photo of Ahmaud Arbery's corpse on Snapchat


The not-so-bright sister of Travis McMichael, the man who, along with his father, allegedly murdered Ahmaud Arbery, admitted to posting an unedited photo on Snapchat of Arbery's dead body soon after her brother and father allegedly shot and killed him. The word "allegedly" is used in a legal sense to protect those who write or report about crimes as there has been no trial as yet, but there is video of the shooting and the evidence that both father and son McMichael is overwhelming.

Lindsay McMichael, 30, said she posted the hideous photo because she is "a true-crime fan" and it wasn't intended to be malicious or nefarious. “I had no nefarious or malicious intent when I posted that picture,” she told The Sun, adding, “The thing is I’m a huge fan of true crime — I listen to four or five podcasts a week — I’m constantly watching that sort of thing. It was more of a, ‘Holy s–t, I can’t believe this has happened.’ It was absolutely poor judgment.”

Ya think?

Attorney Lee Merritt, a lawyer for Ahmaud Arbery’s family, denounced the photo as “disturbing” while saying it fits in with a “pattern” of the McMichael family’s behavior. Why Merritt is trying to sow racial bifurcation is anybody's guess, but he's right in how posting the photo was characterized.

“The picture Lindsay McMichael posted was very disturbing and very disturbing to the family,” said Merritt. “It also highlights that there are probably more video and more images of before, during and after Ahmaud’s murder – these images aren’t meant for public consumption in this way.

“It actually fits in with the pattern of the McMichael family engaging in a weird, violent form of voyeurism,” he continued. “First you have [Gregory] McMichael sharing with a news station a video of the murder then you have his daughter sharing an image of Ahmaud’s bullet-ridden body on Snapchat. It’s deeply disturbing behavior.”

If that doesn't heighten racial tension in Georgia, nothing will.

The report about Lindsay McMichael’s photo comes after it was revealed that her brother himself released the original video of the killing believing it would exonerate him.

As to the charges of racism, Lindsay said that her brother “loved” her non-white boyfriends and that he did not act with malicious intent. Perhaps she's correct but he certainly acted out of stupidity. If both father and son wanted to stop Arbery, thinking that he burglarized a building, they could have done so without the use of firearms in this case, as they outnumbered him.

“I’ve seen my brother in his happiest moments — I was there when his child was born and I’ve seen him in distress and I know that look,” she said. “It wasn’t like some glory thing, like, ‘I stalked and then got the kill that I was hoping for.’”
Lindsay claims that she has since been inundated with rape and death threats over the killing of Ahmaud Arbery.

“We’re not the ones on trial here — my dad and my brother are and yes, I don’t think that they were beating the hood of the truck and saying, ‘Let’s go get this person,’” she said. “I think that things just really escalated. I just want people to realize we’re not monsters.”

She just doesn't know when not to speak.

Regarding Ahmaud Arbery and his family, Lindsay said that she feels deeply for “his poor mama” who she “thinks about every day.”

“His poor mama, I’m not a mother but I couldn’t imagine losing my child. I think about her every day and the grief and despair she must be feeling,” she said. “The words that I would love to say to his family would not even touch the amount of sorrow that I feel. I can’t say I’m sorry enough.”

The whole affair is sad.


Please consider following this blog, and remember, every time you click on an ad, an angel gets its wings and a dead terrorist gets his virgins.






No comments:

Post a Comment

New Tolerance Campaign offers $1 million to Queers for Palestine to hold parade in Gaza

A U.S.-based watchdog organization called The New Tolerance Campaign (NTC) made a one million dollar offer on Monday to "Queers for Pal...