Monday, April 27, 2020

Chrissy Matthews admits to 'inappropriate' behavior at MSNBC


Former MSNBC "Hardball" host Chris Matthews has gone public for the first time since leaving the show amid allegations he was sexually harassing a staff member. He finally admitted that he was "inappropriate" and also found his accuser's allegation "very credible."

“I didn’t argue about it, I didn’t deny it,” Matthews told Vanity Fair, referring to journalist Laura Bassett's allegation that Matthews harassed her sexually.
In a column for GQ in late February, Bassett wrote that in one encounter in 2016, as she was preparing to appear with cable news leftist on his show, he "looked over at me in the makeup chair next to him and said, ‘Why haven’t I fallen in love with you yet?’” 

He was married at the time but was prepared to knock boots with Bassett, if she would have him, it seems.

Matthews abruptly resigned from “Hardball” — after a 20-year run that had recently included other controversial comments — three days later.

At the time, Matthews said of the #MeToo movement, “A lot of it has to do with how we talk to each other, compliments on a woman’s appearance, that some men, including me, might have once incorrectly thought were OK, we’re never OK. … I’m sorry.”

What an ass.

Matthews, an avid progressive told Vanity Fair, “I accepted the credibility of the complaint in [Bassett’s] article.

“I didn’t want to challenge the person that made the complaint and wrote the article. I thought it was very credible and certainly within the person’s rights to write that article, of course. That was highly justified.

“Basically, as I said, to repeat myself, it’s inappropriate in the workplace to compliment somebody on their appearance, this is in the makeup chair, and I did it.”

At least he didn't say, "Why haven't I jumped your bones the minute I laid eyes on you?" 

His wife, Kathleen Matthews, had no comment.



Please consider following this blog, and remember, every time you click on an ad, an angel gets its wings and a dead terrorist gets his virgins.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Another top terrorist gets smoked by the IAF

Mosab Khalaf was a senior member of Jamaa Islamiya, a Palestinian terrorist group. He was riding along in his automobile in southern Lebanon...