Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Chicago Mayor Violates Social Distancing to Get Her Hair Done

Photo: Getty Images
Chicago Democratic Mayor Lori Lightfoot set a wonderful example of "Do what I say, not as I do" after she violated a statewide "stay-at-home" order beginning last month that closed nonessential businesses.

Lightfoot decided that she was special and wasn't required to follow the state's order that ordinary citizens had to obey. She had a personal emergency: she needed to get a haircut.

Haircuts for Lightfoot must be essential because she had gotten one just a few days after shooting several public service announcements that preached what is and what is not essential.

Oh, the irony!

“Getting your roots done is not essential! Your dog doesn’t need to see its friends. You can work on your jump shot inside,” she preached to the peons in one of the Public Service Announcements. 

Lightfoot was confronted by reporters after the photos of her haircut emerged. She not only refused to apologize, she got pissed off at the reporters for having the audacity to question her poor judgment.

“I’m the public face of this city,” she said, according to the Washington Free Beacon. By 'public face', Lightfoot actually meant 'public butthead.' She obviously could have waited to get her hair done. 

“I’m on national media and I’m out in the public eye. I take my personal hygiene very seriously.

“I felt like I needed to have a haircut. I’m not able to do that myself, and so, I got a haircut. You want to talk more about that?”

Not one of the so-called reporters was brave enough to talk more about that. Obviously, the rules only apply to us, not her, a common theme among the left who believe it's okay to fly in their private jets while advocating for the environment and tell us to take an electric car. Even New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio thinks he's special and therefore exempt from practicing what his state is preaching.

“Mayor Lightfoot decided it was essential for her to get a haircut, but no one else can go out and get one. This doesn’t look like social distancing to us, why the hypocrisy @chicagosmayor?” the Chicago GOP said in a tweet.

But how is it that the shop where she got her haircut was open in the first place? Was it considered essential because of the Mayor's need to go there, or did it get a dispensation from Lightfoot?

Lightfoot's motto: "Social distancing for thee, not for me."

The defiant mayor, meanwhile, insisted that “I’m practicing what I’m preaching,” because her hairdresser wore a mask and gloves. But unless her hairdresser used six-foot-long scissors, social distancing was never observed and Lightfoot is a hypocrite. 


Please consider following this blog, and remember, every time you click on an ad, an angel gets its wings and a dead terrorist gets his virgins.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Biden lands in Charlotte and wonders "Where am I?"

"Slidin' Biden" President Biden did the right thing and flew to Charlotte, NC on Thursday to meet with the police officers who...