Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Ruth Bader Ginsburg wants to sleep on the bench until she's 90

"They will have to pry my copy of the "Communist Manifesto" from my cold, dead hands before I give up my job on the Supreme Court," Ruth Bader Ginsburg told a group of confused liberal journalists after waking up from her nap.

Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, is hopeful she'll live to see 90, but watching her crap-out in the middle of public events, her head resting on her tired, boyish bosom, as her snoring keeps mosquitos at bay, makes one question her mental acuteness and her ability to even remain on the nation's highest court even one more day.

But Ginsburg would have us believe she has at least five more years on SCOTUS.

She spoke in New York after a play about the late Justice Antonin Scalia, "The Originalist" ended.

"I'm a young, vibrant 85," she said Sunday. "My senior colleague, Justice John Paul Stevens, he stepped down when he was 90, so I think I have about at least five more years before I hang up my shingle. Which reminds me . . . my shingles are killing me."

She even hired law clerks for her next two terms, if she lives that long, and hopefully she will . . . in retirement.

Director of "The Originalist," Molly Smith, asked her what keeps her "hopeful" [about the future of the country]. Ginsburg cited her late husband, Marty.

"My dear spouse would say that the true symbol of the United States is not the bald eagle--it's the pendulum," she began. "And when it goes very far in one direction you can count on its swinging back."

"I told Marty, 'Marty, you always say that. Get some new material--you're making me crazy.'"

Marty was wrong. Bald eagle is the correct answer.

Please consider subscribing to Brain Flushings and take a moment to visit the sponsors on this page. Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Columbia U. tried it Biden's way but the Trump way trumped it

The Hamas-supporting jihadis have taken over many college campuses and academic buildings in the U.S. At Columbia University in New York (GO...